CBSE SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 11
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 is framed as per the guidelines of CBSE.
Class 11 and 12 is an integrated course. Students need to take only those subjects in class 11 which he/she intends to continue in class 12. Students can offer minimum 5 or more subjects in class 11 as per CBSE Syllabus. They need to continue same subjects in class 12 also.
Some Important Points about CBSE Class-11 and CBSE-12 Subject Combinations:
- It is must to choose at least any one Language Subject from Hindi and English. A student may also opt both Subjects.
- A student may either opt for Hindi Elective (Code 002) or Hindi Core (Code 302) and English Elective (Code-001) or English Core (Code-301).
- Same subject cannot be taken at both Core and Elective levels.
- Following combinations cannot be taken together:
- Physics (Code 042) and Applied Physics (Code 838)
- Chemistry (Code 043) and Applied Chemistry (Code 839)
- Mathematics (Code 041) and Applied Mathematics (Code 840)
- Business Studies (Code 054) and Business Administration (Code 833)
- Accountancy(055) cannot be offered with Cost Accounting (823)
- Out of following five Computer Science/IT related subjects a candidate can opt only for one subject.
- Informatics Practice (Code 265) old course(only for class XII)
- Informatics Practice (Code 065 new course)
- Computer Science (Code 283 old course),(only for class XII)
- Computer Science (Code 083 new course)
- Information Technology (Code 802)