SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 12 ENGLISH
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 English is available here. You can download the syllabus in pdf.
The syllabus for CBSE class 12 English is well designed for the students so that they clear their concepts. You can follow prescribed books and sample papers to get good marks in your exams.
(CODE NO. 301)
CLASS – XII 2019-20
READING COMPREHENSION 20 Marks
The section A will have two passages .
- One unseen passage with a variety of Objective Type Questions, including Multiple Choice questions and Short Answer questions.
- The second passage will be of 400-500 words. Note-making and Abstraction will be assessed.
- Note making (4 Marks)
- Summary (4 Marks).
WRITING SKILLS 30 Marks
- Advertisements and notices, designing or drafting posters, writing formal and informal invitations and replies. One question out of the two Short Answer Questions– 4 Marks.
- Letters based on verbal / visual input.- One question out of the two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words:6 Mark.
- Two compositions based on visual and/or verbal Input may be descriptive or argumentative in nature such as an article/a debate/ a speech or a report- Two Very Long Answer Questions containing internal choice, to be answered in 150-200 words. (10×2=20 Marks)
Literature Textbooks 30 Marks
- Eight Objective Type Questions – 4 from one poetry and 4 from one prose extract to test comprehension and appreciation. (8×1=8 Marks)
- Five out of Seven Short Answer Questions based on prose / drama / poetry from both texts (5×2=10 Marks)
- One out of two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the texts. (6marks) (Flamingo)
- One out of two Long Answer Questions to be answered in 120-150 words to test global comprehension along with analysis and extrapolation. (6marks) (Vistas)
- Flamingo: English Reader published by National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi
- Vistas: Supplementary Reader published by National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi