CBSE SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 10
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for academic session 2021-22 is available now.
The curriculum for secondary classes is planned in a very good manner for students. So, they can get a clear understanding of various Subjects. It is a perfect tool for students. They can plan their schedule for study.
CBSE offers various additional subjects at Secondary level along with main subjects. In CBSE Curriculum for Class 9 and 10 there are total five compulsory subjects including two languages and three main subjects.
All of these Five subjects are compulsory to study at Secondary Level. These includes:-
SUBJECT 1: Language-1 (Hindi Course A or Hindi Course B or English Language & Literature)
SUBJECT 2: Language-2 (Any one language from Language Group other than Language-1)
SUBJECT 3: Mathematics -Standard or Mathematics – Basic
SUBJECT 4: Science
SUBJECT 5: Social Science
Additional(Optional) Subjects includes:-
SUBJECT 7: Any one Vocational(Skill) Subject
SUBJECT 8: Any one from Academic Electives or 3rd Language from Language Group other than Language-1 & Language-2(already selected as main subjets).
Subjects of Internal Assessment:-
- Art Education
- Health & Physical Education
Important points to follow while selecting subjects:-
- Out of the languages, one shall be English or Hindi, both English and Hindi can also be offered simultaneously.
- The same language can be offered only at one level i.e. Core/ Elective.
- The List of Skill Electives available is attached. Subjects as prescribed under Skill Courses are to be opted. However, Scheme of Studies may be referred.
- Physics (042) and Applied Physics (838) cannot be taken together
- Chemistry (043) and Applied Chemistry (839) cannot be taken together
- Mathematics (041) and Applied Mathematics (840) cannot be taken together
- Informatics Practice (065) cannot be taken with Information Technology (802) and Web Application (803).
- Business Studies (054) and Business Administrations (833) cannot be taken together.
The additional subjects are optional to study. A student can choose 6th and 7th subject as additional subjects.2
CBSE Curriculum aims at developing holistic individuals because it is based on Scholastic and Co-Scholastic evaluation. The Syllabus for all the main subjects gives importance to clearing the concepts of students in every aspect of life.
Each year CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) releases the syllabus for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. The syllabus contains very important information about the structure of course, practicals, question paper design as well as prescribed text books.
In conclusion, you must go through the latest CBSE Syllabus for 2021-22 in order to get good score in your final examinations. As a result, you will have a thorough knowledge about all the subjects. It is also important to select latest edition books to keep yourself updated.
You can download class 10th Syllabus for Science, Mathematics, English, Social Science, Languages and Vocational Subjects including Information Technology, Retail, Automobile etc. available here.
CLASS 10 MAIN SUBJECTS SYLLABUS 2021-22
CLASS 10 LANGUAGES SYLLABUS 2021-22
SAMPLE PAPERS FOR CBSE CLASS 10
SAMPLE PAPERS FOR CLASS 10
Various sample papers for class 10 are also available here. You can practice these sample papers to increase your marks in final exams.
CBSE syllabus is based on National Curriculum Framework-2005.