SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 12 BIOLOGY
CBSE Syllabus Biology Class 12 is available here. You can download the syllabus in pdf.
The Biology syllabus for class 12 is well designed for the students so that they clear their concepts of Biology. You can follow relevant books and sample papers to get good marks in your exams.
Many important concepts are covered in CBSE Syllabus Biology for Class 12.
CLASS XII (2020-21) (THEORY)
|VII||Genetics and Evolution||18|
|VIII||Biology and Human Welfare||14|
|IX||Biotechnology and its Applications||10|
|X||Ecology and Environment||14|
A. List of Experiments
- Study pollen germination on a slide
- Collect and study soil from at least two different sites and study them for texture, moisture content, pH and water holding capacity. Correlate with the kinds of plants found in them.
- Collect water from two different water bodies around you and study them for pH, clarity and presence of any living organism.
- Study the presence of suspended particulate matter in air at two widely different sites.
- Study the plant population density by quadrat method.
- Study the plant population frequency by quadrat method.
- Prepare a temporary mount of onion root tip to study mitosis.
- Study the effect of different temperatures and three different pH on the activity of salivary amylase on starch.
- Isolate DNA from available plant material such as spinach, green pea seeds, papaya,etc.
B. Study/observation of the following (Spotting)
- Flowers adapted to pollination by different agencies (wind, insects, birds).
- Pollen germination on stigma through a permanent slide.
- Identification of stages of gamete development, i.e., T.S. of testis and T.S. of ovary through permanent slides (from grasshopper/mice).
- Meiosis in onion bud cell or grasshopper testis through permanent
- T.S. of blastula through permanent slides(Mammalian).
- Mendelian inheritance using seeds of different colour/sizes of any plant.
- Prepared pedigree charts of any one of the genetic traits such as rolling of tongue, blood groups, ear lobes, widow’s peak and color blindness.
- Controlled pollination – emasculation, tagging and bagging.
- Common disease causing organisms like Ascaris, Entamoeba, Plasmodium, any fungus causing ringworm through permanent slides or specimens. Comment on symptoms of diseases that they cause.
- Two plants and two animals (models/virtual images) found in xeric conditions. Comment upon their morphology.